One way to help beautify a community is by eliminating unsightly blight such as graffiti. The Office of Community Beautification (OCB) can provide support such as tools and supplies to make your event a success.
Just follow these steps:
1. Find the appropriate OCB contact based on Council District. Search council districts by address.
- For Council Districts 1, 2, and 6, contact Ana Huizar at email@example.com or 213-978-0224
- For Council Districts 3, 7, and 12, contact Jason Valencia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-978-0227
- For Council Districts 4 and 13, contact Gerry Valido at email@example.com or 213-978-0223
- For Council Districts 5,10, and 11, contact Anna Ruiz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-978-0231
- For Council Districts 8, 9, 14, and 15, contact Thomas Corrales at email@example.com or 213-978-0230
2. Provide the following information to the OCB contact
- Date & Time of event
- Location of graffiti paint out event
- Size of wall/area where paint is needed
- Tool Request Form
- Consent form for painting on private property
3. Recruit volunteers (OCB may offer to promote your paint-out on the OCB event calendar)
4. Report back to you OCB coordinator about your experience such as number of volunteers and community reception